April 25, 2013 through October 06, 2013
Houses give us more than shelter. They give us a place to belong.
- The Home of the Future (panel discussion, moderator Gary Heddon), July 21, 2013
- Perspectives on Historic Preservation (panel discussion, moderator Julie Fry), August 18, 2013
- The Evolution of the American Home – Jonathan Pearlman, Elevation Architects, September 22, 2013
- Connections, Communications, Community – historian Jan Masters
- Mid-Century Modern – author Heather David
- Making Miniature houses – artist Melissa Houle
- Historic Los Altos Bike Tour – GreenTown Los Altos
Since the arrival of the first Spanish settlers, our homes have evolved in style, size and use, reflecting our changing lifestyles and cultural values. Over time, we’ve developed a unique sense of “California Living,” and changed the way people live in other places. This original new exhibition focuses on house architecture of the past 200 years and beyond.