The historic gardens surrounding the Museum and J. Gilbert Smith House feature several beautiful towering oak trees, lovely garden plantings and displays of agricultural equipment in use during our early orchard era.
Within this area is the refurbished 1915 tank house, a three-hole outhouse, antique farm equipment, and the first Wizard Walnut Huller built long ago by the Los Altos Formway Machine Shop, a manufacturing firm once located on Almond Avenue. Visitors will also see a sulfur drying shed and trays for drying apricots, as well as a rebuilt tractor similar to the one that Mr. Smith used in his acres of apricot orchards.
Exhibit HighlightsClick on the images below to view larger.
Images provided by Expedia